Tuesday, October 27, 2009

GiGi

I am definitely a sentimental girl. Close to my heart, I hold those things that link me to my past...a blanket, a painting, a photo, a doll or even just a memory. I was blessed with a wonderful childhood and complete unconditional love from both my mom and my dad. I love the treasures from my past because my past was a good one.

One of my earliest memories is riding in the car with my mother, back in the day when a two year old could not only ride in the front seat, she didn't have to worry about being confined by a seat belt either. Normally, I would be in the back, standing on the floor, hanging my head out the window and singing along with the song on the radio, but this day was different. We had just picked up our newest family member....GiGi, our six weeks old Toy Poodle.

I can remember sitting on the floor in the front on the passenger side, and GiGi was sitting on the seat. She pulled my hair with her tiny little puppy teeth, and I thought she was the cutest thing I had ever seen. I was blessed with her love for seventeen years.

GiGi is one of those childhood memories I hold close to my heart. There has been other puppy love since her, but she was the first. She also inspired my newest puppy love...Oliver, our almost six months old Standard Poodle...with whom she shares the title of this blog.

Here we are when I was 10 years old, and GiGi was 8 years old. Check out GiGi's nail polish. It matches her bow!





There is nothing like a puppy to help make sweet childhood memories live on in your heart

No comments:

Post a Comment