Thursday, October 15, 2009

Big Ideas and Big Plans

I don't know where I have been, but I am completely amazed by the blog world. I have gotten so many wonderful ideas and inspirations from all over the planet. The creativity out there is just, well, just amazing. My To-Do list keeps getting longer and longer thanks to so many wonderful bloggers out there willing to share.

This weekend, I have big ideas and big plans. I am going to finish decorating my front porch for Halloween, and I'm going to start a project to gussy up my daughter's bedroom just a little. Oh, the excitement!

First, the front porch. It's decorated, but every time I walk up those steps, I keep thinking, "Something is missing." Well, thanks to Karla at It's the little things that make a house a home, I finally figured out what is missing...BATS! Lots and lots of bats.

Take a look at her flock of bats...



She found her inspiration from this photo at CountryLiving.com.




I'll be sure to share my flock as soon as they are up and flying!

As for my daughter's bedroom, what can I say, she loves pink, sparkles, and frilly frou frou that makes a girl feel like a girl. And nothing could fit that description better than tulle and twinkle lights.

What little girl wouldn't love to have her bed transformed into a bed fit for a princess! To be surrounded with fluffy tulle and sparkling lights as she drifts off to sleep and dream of fairy tales come true.

I happily stumbled upon this photo from Emily at chatting at the sky and was completely inspired!



Oh, I DIE! Sorry, channeling Rachel Zoe for a minute there. But seriously, the loveliness of it makes me just sigh.

Emily found her inspiration from fellow blogger Amy at Playing Sublimely . Her photo is pure loveliness too!




My daughter is going to love this!

I have all idea that the tulle and twinkle light project will take a little longer than a weekend for me, but I will share photos once it is complete.

Thank you ladies for sharing such big ideas and inspiring such big plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment