Friday, October 29, 2010

Back In the Day - Grilled Salami & Onions



My mother used to make me this sandwich back in the day as a special treat. Of course, I thought it was a big to do, but it really is simple and quite yummy! It also reminds me of fall...but I have no idea why. Just one of those quirky kid things.

Grilled Salami and Onion Sandwich-makes 1



2 slices of bread (use white if you are living on the edge)
salami slices (amount completely up to you)
1/2 small onion, sliced in rings
mustard, to taste

Saute the onion rings in a tiny bit of olive oil. When the onions are just about done, scoot them over to the side and add the salami slices. The salami cooks quick so be prepared to flip them a few seconds after you added them to the pan.



Once the salami is done, I transfer them to a paper towel just to soak up some of the grease it produces.

Slather both slices of bread with mustard. Stack the salami and onions on one piece of bread and top it with the other piece of bread.

Voila! Fast, easy and soooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment