Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Up and Over

I am on a mission to strong arm my basic ranch home into something a little more...Southern...a little more...Low Country. I want something more than just your basic early 80's ranch home. I want a cottage. I want a bungalow. I am Southern through and through, and I want my home to reflect that.

There are so many little touches that can be added to a basic house to transform it into a true Southern charmer. Columns, shutters, painted brick, carriage lights, and confederate jasmine growing up and over a front door, a garage door, a pergola, or just about any ole thing.



garden with confidence



Oh, how I love confederate jasmine...also known as star jasmine. It blooms every spring with these adorable petite flowers and a perfume that is pure Southern girl. It is a fast grower that has never found a brick wall or post it didn't love. Once the flowers are gone, they leave behind a gorgeous, thick veil of deep green leaves. You gotta love a vine that is always looking good.


garden with confidence



urban grace



unknown



daves garden



With a little nylon string and mortar nails, confederate jasmine can be trained into just about any design you want! It truly loves to please.


southern living



unknown



tumax garden products



Confederate jasmine thrives in full sun and partial sun. Outdoors, it does best in zones 8-10, but if you don't live in these zones...it loves the indoors too! Simply plant it in a favorite pot and place it by a window. Bring a little Southern into your home...the lovely smell alone will make you so glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment