Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Little Presents

As we all know, life can be a whirlwind of snooze buttons, carpool lines, grocery lists, and sports practice. One day rolls into the next and the next thing you know, Monday is here again and Friday seems a life time away.

I remember not too long ago I said to my mother, "I can't wait until Friday." And she responded, in all her motherly wisdom, "You're wishing your life away."

What! Wishing my life away? I'm already 41...the last thing I need is to wish my life away! I need to re-focus. I need to enjoy each and everyday...loving those little presents God blesses me with everyday.

It's amazing when you start to look for a reason to smile, how many reasons you find. How great is our God to bless everyone, anyone with little presents just to put a smile on our faces, a pinch of love in our hearts and a skip in our steps. And all we have to do is look up from our busy days to find them.

This past Sunday while sitting in church waiting for 11:00, I looked through our church bulletin and smiled. We would be singing Here I Am, Lord...my very favorite hymn. It makes me cry every time, but I don't care because this hymn speaks to my heart and reaffirms just how precious I am to God. And then my sweet husband reached over and gave me a tissue...and I smiled again.




Today, on my way to work, I looked up into a cloudy sky to see a rainbow, and I smiled. Little presents are everywhere...go find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment