Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Homework Can Be Hazardous To Your Health

What I thought would be my last stint at homework was a final exam paper my senior year in college. This was way back in the day before everyone had their own computer, so the computer lab at the library was a happening spot.

I turned in my computer pass at the front desk and walked out with my freshly printed paper in my hands. I was sooo excited because I was done with homework for the rest of my life...not!

No, when you decide to have children, you decide to start homework all over again.

Most weekday afternoons I spend checking homework, reading directions, googling some term I haven't used since I was in 4th grade and basically listening to my children complain about all this homework they have. Every once in awhile, I'll pipe up and remind my children that I have already done all my homework, and I'm just here trying to help them so stop all the complaining. After all, I'm not the one who assigned them all this homework. Sigh...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

So yesterday was just more of the same...until I rounded the corner of my dining room table to check my son's homework and CRACK! I heard it pop and down I went.

I broke my pinky toe! Trying to check my child's homework, and I broke my toe!




And wouldn't you know it...I break my toe on a day sans pedicure.

On a sidenote...we had a yardsale this weekend. OMG, am I glad that is over! Huge check off the "to do" list. I also had several people comment that my children took good care of their toys. LOL! Yeah...they're OCD like their mama.

2 comments:

  1. I did the EXACT same thing (same toe) one year ago.... ugh...

    Trust me, it DOES get better and within about a month I was BACK IN MY HEELS!! ;)

    Take care of it!!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete